Your Trello for each assignment should include the following:
- Design Doc – Part 1- define the goal and the target audience
- Creative phase ---- Brainstorm ideas : define the mechanics, art, challenges (for the designer and for the player).
- Critical Phase (editing down ideas to what you can actually build). What will the player have to learn to excel at the game? How will the feedback you give motivate the player/
- Design Doc – Part 2 – Flowchart, explain the mechanic and why it will be fun for the player, examples of art style (mood board), paper prototype
- Building Phase: Execute your design to the best of your ability
- Assessment Phase: document how long it takes to execute tasks so that you can accurately scope how much you can accomplish in the time available. Refine this over the course of the semester.
- Assess how well the game works, usability for the player, whether or not it’s fun and how to make it more so.
- Design Doc – Part 3 - Post mortem Analyze what went well, what went wrong and how to revise process for the future. Usability and playtesting results.